Happy National Strawberry Day!
I love fun little holidays, because its a way to get creative and surprise the kiddos with little treats! Being that today is National Strawberry Day, I surprised the kids with this Strawberry Jell-O Parfait and it was a HIT! S is so funny! Right after the initial “Ohhhh”, when he found out what I was making, I was informed that Grandma always made the best Jell-O. I wasn’t sure my surprise was going to live up to par, but I continued on and his final reaction?? “THAT is the best Jell-O! Well… its the best Jell-O “Parfait” because Grandma still made the best regular Jell-O.” I’ll take it 🙂 This delicious, kid friendly (favorite even!) recipe is super easy and can be whipped up (pun intended) in about 5 minutes – plus setting time.
*3oz Box of Strawberry Jell-O
*1 Cup Thawed Cool-Whip
*Strawberry for Garnish (Optional)
- Prepare Jell-O according to box instructions. Set aside 1/3 cup.
- Spoon or carefully pour Jell-O into glasses or dessert dishes.
- Chill glasses at an angle until Jell-O is set. Overnight is best, but I was able to place in freezer through dinner and it was ready.
- Fold Cool-Whip into remaining 1/3 Jell-O. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Spoon Cool-Whip topping into glasses of set Jell-O.
- Garnish with a fresh strawberry. Keep chilled until ready to serve.